Best Reciprocating Saw is highly popular among the professionals due to its capability as a fine crafting tool. Saw manufacturers naturally create their product to make exact cuts.
However, Best reciprocating saw is the exception as it is used to make rough cuts in building materials or for destruction. The saw’s motor sends a great deal of power to the blade, which allows users to cut through a diversity of materials, including metal, fiberglass, stucco, masonry, wood, and plaster.
- 1 Best Reciprocating Saw: Who Needs It?
- 2 Why Do You Need a Best Reciprocating Saw?
- 3 Best Reciprocating Saw Reviews: Editor top Pick
- 4 Best Reciprocating Saw Reviews: 13 Reciprocating saw for the money in 2016
- 4.1 DEWALT DCS387B 20-volt MAX Compact Reciprocating Saw
- 4.2 DEWALT DWE304 10-Amp Reciprocating Saw
- 4.3 Makita XRJ01Z 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Compact Reciprocating Saw
- 4.4 DEWALT Bare-Tool DC385B 18-Volt Cordless Reciprocating Saw
- 4.5 PORTER CABLE PCC670B 20-volt MAX Lithium Bare Reciprocating Tigersaw
- 4.6 Milwaukee 2720-20 M18 SAWZALL Reciprocating
- 4.7 DEWALT DCS387P1 20-volt MAX Lithium Ion Compact Reciprocating Saw Kit
- 4.8 Hitachi CR18DGLP4 18V Cordless Lithium-Ion Reciprocating Saw
- 4.9 SKIL 9216-01 9 Amp Reciprocating Saw
- 4.10 Bosch Bare-Tool PS60BN 12-Volt Max Lithium-Ion Pocket Reciprocating Saw
- 5 What to Consider Before Buying Best Reciprocating Saw
- 6 Cordless Reciprocating Saw Benefits
- 7 The Reciprocating Saw Enhancements
- 8 Reciprocating Saw Advantages
Best Reciprocating Saw: Who Needs It?
Reciprocating saws are popular for construction, HVAC, plumbing, and electrical jobs. In addition, their use will depend on upon the added features bought with the device. When power tool users intend to purchase the saw, they should consider several factors.
As, they should decide how much tool movement, they will require with the saw in addition to the convenience of power outlets.
Why Do You Need a Best Reciprocating Saw?
Neither a recip saw nor a chainsaw is used for finishing work. They are both made for making a quick cutting job that does not have to be pretty.
Like a jigsaw, a best reciprocating saw can be used to cut curves on lumber ends or in thinner sheet goods, but the jigsaw with its short, thin blade is more suited for that task. A reciprocating saw’s blade is thicker, longer and wider. It is made to remove material rapidly and to a greater depth when necessary.
Maximum recip saws have big motors and sturdy shells that approximately invite abuse. Numerous DIYers think they will never need that kind of power until they try one. Then their mind is racing to discover new uses within their long list of projects.
Best Reciprocating saw reviews show that people need this saw desperately, because it has awide working range. Reciprocating saw reviews also represent that the in all varieties the reciprocating saw the cordless reciprocating saws are the popular choice.
Best Reciprocating Saw Reviews: Editor top Pick
The term reciprocating saw is usually assigned to a type of saw used in construction & demolition work. This kind of saw, also known as a recip saw, has a great blade resembling that of a jigsaw & a handle oriented to permit the saw to be used contentedly on vertical surfaces.
Makita JR3050T 11 Amp Reciprocating Saw
The product is contrived in China.It is 11A VS Reciprocate Saw and very easy to use. The Makita 11-Amp Reciprocating Saw (model JR3050T) combines an authoritative 11 AMP motor for all day use & improved performance.
- 11-amp reciprocating saw with changeable speeds & 1-1/8-inch-long stroke
- Blade & shoe changes are fast & painless with tool-less modification feature
- Ball & needle bearings extend tool life; externally handy brushes permit simple maintenance
- Containsplastic case for convenient storage
- Comes with 1-years limited warranty
- It’s not portable to use anywhere.
DEWALT Bare-Tool DC385B 18-Volt Cordless Reciprocating Saw
With this DEWALT DC385B 18-volt cordless best reciprocating saw, you will be capable to cut just about anything that gets in your way.
You can utilize it with confidence for a wide array of building, remodeling, like cutting rough openings throughout the walls & roofs & demolition work, slicing plastic pipe, & slashing throughout hardwood flooring.
- A variable-speed motor drives the blade at 0-3,000 strokes per minute which gives maximum power
- An aggressive-cutting stroke length of 1-1/8 -inch gives the high-performance
- Provides pivoting adjustable shoe with open top for maximum visibility & lever stroke keyless blade clamp for quick & easy blade changes which gives maximum Comfort & Convenience.
- Complemented by sure-grip, anti-slip rubber handles for optimized handling.
- It comes with DC9096 18-volt XRP battery pack & DW9117 15-minute charger as Bare Tool.
- Becomes much heavy with the battery.
Best Reciprocating Saw Reviews: 13 Reciprocating saw for the money in 2016
So far, we’ve overlooked the most popular pieces among the best reciprocating saws. But don’t worry, there some Reciprocating saws are also available, which are cheaper in cost and good in quality as well. Let’s check out the reviews below.
DEWALT DCS387B 20-volt MAX Compact Reciprocating Saw
This DEWALT DCS387B 20V MAX Compact Reciprocating Saw boasts of a solid & lightweight design at just 14.5″ in total length, fits among studs & permits users to make cuts in confined spaces. Surely, one of the best saws in price.
- Compact & lightweight design
- Variable Speed Trigger with the 0-2,900 spm
- fits between studs & lets users to make cuts in confined spaces
- 4-Position Blade Clamp
- Comes with three years limited manufacturer’s warranty
- More valuable than the corded Reciprocating Saw.
DEWALT DWE304 10-Amp Reciprocating Saw
The DEWALT DWE304 10 Amp features a powerful 10.0-amp motor made for heavy-duty applications. It contains a 4-position blade clamp that permits for flush cutting & increased versatility, a rigid shoe, along with a keyless lever-action blade clamp for fast & easy blade changes.
- Variable speed control matches the accurate speed to application for increased control
- Great motor made for heavy-duty applications
- Four-position blade clamp for increased versatility & Variable speed trigger
- This Reciprocating Saw needs three pin electricity supply.
Makita XRJ01Z 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Compact Reciprocating Saw
This Makita XRJ01Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Squashed Reciprocating Saw (Tool Only). The Makita XRJ01 & XRJ01Z has a Variable speed (0 – 3,000 spy) combined with a 1/2″ stroke length for faster & more efficient cutting.
- Variable speed combined with a 1/2″ stroke length for faster & more efficient cutting
- Solid Design for Close Quarter Cutting
- Compact design at 15-5/8″ long; weighs just 3.9 lbs. (through battery) for suitable operation
- Tool less blade change system permits for faster blade installation & subtraction
- Turn into much weight with the battery.
DEWALT Bare-Tool DC385B 18-Volt Cordless Reciprocating Saw
With the DEWALT DC385B 18-volt cordless reciprocating saw, you’ll be proficient to cut just about anything that gets in your way.
You can use it with poise for a wide range of building, remodeling, & demolition work, such as cutting rough openings through walls & roofs & slashing through hardwood flooring.
- 1-1/8-inch stroke length & 0-3,000 rpm for faster cutting speed
- 4-position blade clamp allows for flush cutting & boosted versatility
- Lever action keyless blade clamp for quick & easy blade changes
- Anti-slip comfort grip affords increased comfort & control; pivoting adaptable shoe with open top for maximum visibility
- Has less stamina than the corded Reciprocating Saw.
PORTER CABLE PCC670B 20-volt MAX Lithium Bare Reciprocating Tigersaw
The PORTER CABLE PCC670B 20v MAX Lithium Bare Reciprocating Tiger saw elements a high performance drivetrain that delivers 1″ stroke length & 0-3,000 SPM for aggressive cutting speed.
- High Performance Drivetrain delivers 1″ stroke length & 0-3,000 SPM
- Tool Free Blade Release
- Variable-speed trigger
- Piece of the 20V Max System
- Need much time to work with a single battery.
Milwaukee 2720-20 M18 SAWZALL Reciprocating
The M18 SAWZALL Reciprocating Saw cuts faster than its corded counterparts & offers up to 2x more run time & 5x longer tool life than competitive saws.
- Delivers faster than corded cutting speed & the durability of a corded saw
- Brushless Motor Supplies constant power for faster cuts & reduced heat for extended life
- REDLINK+ Intelligence gives optimized performance & overload protection using total system communication between tool, battery & charger
- REDLITHIUM XC 4.0 Battery Pack gives superior pack construction, more work per charge & more work over the life of the pack than aggressive batteries
- Expensive than the corded Reciprocating Saw.
DEWALT DCS387P1 20-volt MAX Lithium Ion Compact Reciprocating Saw Kit
The Saw Kit (5.0Ah) boasts of a compact & lightweight design at only 14.5″ in total length. It fits between studs & allows users to make cuts in limited spaces. It elements a 4-position blade clamp that allows for flush cutting & increased positional versatility with tool free blade changes.
- Variable Speed Trigger with 0-2,900 spm
- Compact & lightweight design
- Fits between studs & allows users to make cuts in confined spaces
- Four Position Blade Clamp allows for flush cutting
- 1-1/8″ stroke length delivers quicker cutting speed
- Costlier than the corded Reciprocating Saw.
Hitachi CR18DGLP4 18V Cordless Lithium-Ion Reciprocating Saw
Covered by Hitachi’s Lifetime Lithium Ion tool warranty, the CR18DGLP4 (tool body only) combines comfort & expediency with the fade free power, lighter weight & longer total battery life that comes from Lithium Ion battery power.
- Tool-less blade changing system allows for quick replacements & reduced downtime
- Soft grip handles for improved comfort & less fatigue
- Adjustable front shoe for depth of cut control & extended blade life
- LED light for convenient visibility & precise cuts
- Lifetime Lithium Ion Tool Warranty
- Becomes much heavy with the battery.
SKIL 9216-01 9 Amp Reciprocating Saw
The SKIL 9216-01 9 Amp Reciprocating Saw is 9.0A VS Reciprocal Saw. Highly popular because of it’s easy usage procedure. The product is manufactured in China. Let’s now check the merits and demerits of this particular saw of this very best reciprocating saw reviews.
- Powerful 9-Amp motor for tough applications
- Power-on pointer lets you know when the tool is plugged in
- Tool-less blade change for easy blade changes
- Heavy duty metal gear housing for added strength
- turning foot for additional stability when cutting through materials
- It’s not portable to use anywhere.
Bosch Bare-Tool PS60BN 12-Volt Max Lithium-Ion Pocket Reciprocating Saw
Bosch’s PS60BN 12-volt pocket reciprocating saw is made to cut a variety of materials, including copper & conduit. It features both an over-load & over current with a high & low temperature protection. Additionally, it also features under voltage protection.
- Cuts a variety of materials including copper & conduit
- Over-load & over current with high/low temperature protection, under voltage protection
- Significantly faster than a hand saw with a variable speed trigger
- Custom Exact-Fit Tool Inlays for ideal storage & transportation
- More expensive than the corded Reciprocating Saw.
What to Consider Before Buying Best Reciprocating Saw
Till now, we have checked the best reciprocating saws available in the market. Since it has various categories and lots of features to consider, a buyer must have the idea on choosing the right recip saw for his/her use.
Now we will have a brief discussion regarding what to consider before buying the best reciprocating saw. Whether you have minimum knowledge about this tools or expert in using it, we hope, the following guide will facilitate you in every bit.
Recommended Power Levels and Speed for Best reciprocating saws
When professional demolition experts want a saw for their job, they should choose a tool with plenty of power. Best reciprocating saws are obtainable in cordless versions, which offer more maneuverability and the ease of shifting around a location without unplugging the device.
However, the piece of gear will begin to drop power as the battery runs low.
With a corded reciprocating saw, power instrument users will have the unit’s full power obtainable at all times. When tool consumers buy a corded device, they will have the power that ranges from less than 5 amps to over 15 amps.
As tool shoppers review their alternatives, they should keep in mind that a unit with over 10 amps will give enough power for jobs that need heavy-duty cutting.
Best reciprocating saw Tips
When power tool shoppers need additional maneuverability than a corded reciprocating saw can provide, they should buy a cordless saw with high power levels like an 18-volt or 24-volt saw.
Power tool users may also think bringing an extra provide of batteries with them during each job to make sure completion. Additionally, tool consumers may buy a unit that receives its energy from lithium-ion batteries since they have a longer running time.
Cordless reciprocating saw
According to the cordless reciprocating saw reviews, it’s most popular in the market. It gives a lot of mobility to the user. The cordless reciprocating saw reviews show that the cordless recip saw runs on battery power, and likely to be less powerful than corded models.
The benefits of this reciprocating saw is portability and free range of motion. Though there is never a cord to get in the way, and the battery pack weighs down the saw. In short, cordless reciprocating saw is ideal for smaller jobs that require a lot of mobility.
Cordless Reciprocating Saw Benefits
As power tool consumers charge the advantages of a cordless saw, they will appreciate the device’s enhanced cutting action, portability, and variable speeds.
Besides, because of its portability, and lightweight in nature, it’s currently the most popular choice among all other recip saws. Check the benefits of a cordless reciprocating saw below and then decide which one to buy.
With a cordless unit, power tool users can transport their saw to any location since the saw does not need a connected power source.
Additionally, the device will allow the use of the instrument without bringing along a heavy generator or inconvenient addition cord.
A cordless reciprocating saw more action because users can cut with the device horizontally and vertically. Additionally, it will make tough cuts rapidly while cutting through a power cord is a non-existent danger.
With a cordless reciprocating saw, users will contain orbital action and variable speeds, which will give greater control of the power tool. The control features also let users to select their preferred setting for the most soothe and effectiveness.
Better Stroke Depth
A cordless reciprocating saw allows longer strokes at levels that measure 1 ¼ inches. The long strokes will give aggressive and fast cuts while the tool is also able of shorter strokes at ¾ inch, which users need for plunge cuts.
Best Reciprocating Saw Comfort and Convenience
When completing the effort with a reciprocating saw, the job will classically require several hours of continuous work. Consequently, the power tool must present the most obtainable comfort.
In some cases, users may be working with the instrument overhead, which can rapidly cause fatigue from holding the unit at a growing angle for long periods.
If power tool users work overhead regularly, then they may find a cord unit lighter as the additional battery in a cordless device will boost the power tool’s weight.
When working in dense spaces, users will need smaller tools for improved maneuverability. Instrument consumers should also look for a saw that features an adjustable blade as well as a rotating blade or handle. With additional features, they will have a reciprocating saw with a usual grip that they can use at a diversity of angles.
Tool consumers should also buy a saw with a well-balanced design, which will give greater control while making the saw feel lighter through use. Cushioned grips are also a significant addition as they ensure a user’s soothe and will even withstand long sweat-filled jobs.
Often, power tools vibrate and boost fatigue. With a concentrate vibration feature, users can work with the instrument for longer timeframes so as to finish every job fast. Less vibration also increases the device’s accurateness.
The Reciprocating Saw Enhancements
When a power instrument user works with a reciprocating saw, they will use the device for demanding jobs that regularly eliminate the saw blades.
Tool consumers may select a saw with a toothlessbladechanging feature, which will enhance the device’s competence and ensure an easier replacement.
Other enhancements include a flexible rubber cord, which will boost the saw’s maneuverability while a lighted plug will allow the user know if the tool has the power.
Tool users will realize a cord storage area for added tidiness along with a moveable container for easy device transport. Additionally, the case provides a convenient space for extra blades.
With an adjustable shoe, consumers will have more control and stability. As well, they’ll have numerous positions for improved use while they can adjust the mechanism without a specialized instrument.
Furthermore, the device offers more blade visibility along with the chance to cut in different positions.
When consumers purchase a reciprocating saw with orbital act, they’ll contain a device that can move horizontally and vertically for earlier cuts.
Furthermore, the device’s sawing speed will remain reliable despite the tool’s position. With a changeable setting, users can cut materials, such as metal, at lower speeds.
A storage case will keep the power tool when a user transports the device. additionally, the case will keep frills with the saw for convenience. If users obtain a case with a hard exterior, then they’ll have additional guard.
Tool-Less Blade Replacement
With a tool-less blade changing element, power tool consumers can replace their unit’s blade more rapidly for greater competence. They can also avoid the problem of bringing an extra tool on the jobsite to total a replacement.
Variable speed will permit users to choose the proper speed consistent with the material. With the enhancement, users will have improved accuracy and more constancy while cutting.
Auto Stop Brushes
With the auto stop brushes, the saw will stop mechanically. In addition, when the brushes wear out, the feature will make active and prevent damage to the saw’s motor.
Speed regulation will reason the saw to retain its speed during use. Consequently, the power tool will not slow down as it cuts.
Metal Gear Housing
When tool customers add metal gear housing, they’ll have an enhanced motor defense for more durability. The feature will also stop the motor from burning out during heavy-duty action.
Reciprocating Saw Advantages
The reciprocating saw design permits users to cut overhead or vertically with greater effortlessness.
Additionally, the power tool’s long body is easy to hold while the device is ideal for working in small corners along with cuts made at surface-level.
For example, a cut required in the bottom section of a wall is easier to fill with a reciprocating saw.
When power instrument users work with a reciprocating saw, they will classically employ a push and pull action. The saw sizing varies from small devices that, make sure easy portability to large electrical units. When saw producers make each unit, they include changeable speeds.
As users push and pull the saw, they can brace themselves, which will allow them to add resistance to their movement and boost the device’s competence.
The power tool will cut through materials that are thick or thin. Additionally, the saw’s blades are obtainable in a diversity of lengths, and users should select them based upon the kind of cutting they need to complete.
When power tool consumers start shopping for a saw, they should choose the unit according to the amount of work they have. for example, if the saw’s use will occur periodically during small home development projects, then tool shoppers should select a small lightweight device.
However, when aexpert requires a reciprocating saw for a huge number of heavy-duty jobs, such as branch trimming or major demolitions, he or she should carry home a heavier unit with more power and extra features.
The General Advantages of Reciprocating Saws Revolve Around Their Flexibility:
You can reach into tight spaces between or behind fixed materials where other saws cannot. Flush cuts around contiguous materials that would block other saws are simply accomplished.
They are outstanding for cutting holes or slots in the middle of sheet goods or walls. They are safer to use for a ladder or overhead work than a circular saw.
A reciprocating saw is a dissimilar powerful tool that gives crucial assistance during a destruction project. The tool’s additional features will add additional power, durability, and convenience of the device.
Additionally, tool consumers can choose the style that will work finest for them with alternatives that include corded and cordless saws.
Once instrument shoppers have a reciprocating saw on hand, they’ll have a piece of gear that can cut through wood, drywall, metal, and fiberglass.