- 1 Best Metal Chop Saw Reviews: Editor’s Top Pick
- 2 Best Metal Chop Saw Reviews: 7 Metal Chop Saw For the Money in 2017
- 2.1 Evolution Power Tools EVOSAW380 Steel Cutting Chop Saw
- 2.2 MK Morse CSM14MB 14-Inch Dry-Cut Metal Cutting Saw
- 2.3 Makita 2414NBX2 Abrasive Cutoff Saw
- 2.4 Bosch 3814 14-Inch Abrasive Cut-Off Machine
- 2.5 PORTER-CABLE PCE700 15 Amp Chop Saw, 14.”
- 2.6 PORTER-CABLE PC14CTSD 14-Inch Chop Saw
- 2.7 Hitachi CC14SFS 14-Inch 15-Amp Portable Chop Saw with Trigger Switch 4000-RPM
- 3 What to Consider Before Buying the Best Metal Chop Saw?
- 3.1 What is Metal Chop Saw?
- 3.2 Nonferrous Metal
- 3.3 Wood Chop Saws
- 3.4 What to Look Out for When Choosing the Best Metal Chop Saw?
- 3.5 Blades
- 3.6 Miter
- 3.7 Slide
- 3.8 Bevel/Compound
- 3.9 Other features
- 3.10 Accessories
- 3.11 Metal Chop Saws in Action
- 3.12 Dust Extraction & Management
- 3.13 Finding Metal Chop Saws on Online
- 3.14 Conclusion
- 3.15 You May Like to Read:
- 3.16 Share this:
- 3.17 Related
What is a Metal Chop Saw?
Metal chop saws are utilized to create precise cuts in wood, metal, & other materials. Their speed & accuracy create them invaluable in woodworking & metalworking applications. Metal chop saws come in several types & with many options to handle a variety of materials & projects.
Several models, including mini versions meant for a hobby, utilize, can also cut soft ceramic & plastics. When researching products, maintain in mind that terms are often used interchangeably. Learn a model’s best use & functionality by reading the manufacturer info, product reviews, & ratings.
Metal chop saws created to cut primarily metal are created differently than miter saws. Let’s now get started with the best metal chop saw reviews.
Best Metal Chop Saw Reviews: Editor’s Top Pick
Today, our incentive is to introduce you to the best available piece of the metal chop saw in both online & regional market. You will find all sort of metal chop saw here. However, we have picked the top 3 metal chop saw to create your decision-creating task a lot easier. Let’s check our top picks among the best metal chop saw reviews.
DEWALT D28710 14-Inch Abrasive Chop Saw
Let’s meet with the best metal chop saw in the market! DEWALT D28710 Abrasive Chop saw that is 14-inch size and has powerful 15 amp motor. So it cuts like a dream. The performance and durability is beyond your imagination!
It features an ergonomically designed ‘D’ handle for superior comfy and hand position. It has quick-lock vise that is mind blowing for quicker clamping on different size. It also has 45-degree pivoting fence for accurate angle cuts.
The DEWALT D28710 also has durable steel base to weld jigs and spindle locks offers a wheel changing activities quicker! It is a heavy duty chop saw and provides proper safety during work. Let’s see the pros and cons of this product.
- Has 15AMP powerful motor for heavy-duty task
- Cuts accurately and quickly with 45- degree pivoting fence
- Includes quick-lock vise for various size materials
- Comes with comfortable ergonomically created ‘D’ handle
- It has heavy-duty compression for smooth operation
- Includes lock down pin
- Offers fast & accurate angle cuts without the hassle of using a wrench
- Quick-Lock vise permits for fast clamping on different size materials
- Motor gives overload protection, increasing performance & durability
- A bit hard to utilize
DEWALT D28715 14-Inch Quick-Change Chop Saw
Introducing another DEWALT product for you that is in number two due to the extra ordinary quality and outstanding performance. DEWALT D28715 Chop Saw is best known for beast like performance yet in easy to operate features.
The DEWALT D28715 Chop Saw has powerful 15amp and 5.5 horse power motor and a 14 inch wheel for professional cutting experience. However, it also features Quick-Lock Vise that is perfect for various types of materials.
If you need to cut more than 90 degree don’t forget this metal chop saw has 45 degree pivoting fence that will allow you a faster and accurate angle cut.
It has the quicker blade change facility even you don’t need to use a wrench to change wheel. The chop saw is compact and portable with only 39 pounds of weight.
- Made of durable plastic and metal materials
- It has 45 inch pivoting fence available for accurate cut
- Powerful 15amp and 5.5 horsepower motor included
- Has more overload capacity
- It is a handsaw
- Rapid adjust clamping system
- Portable and compact
- Made in China
- Clamp design is little weird and difficult to manipulate
Makita LC1230 12-Inch Metal Cutting Saw
With extraordinary power and performance Makita LC1230 Metal Cutting Saw positioned number 3 in our list. It cuts pipe, angle iron, conduit, and many more in the blink of an eye! It features a powerful motor of 15amp that has the ability to deliver 1300rpm for improved performance.
The Makita LC1230 Metal Cutting Saw provides quick and easy miter cutting experience with the quick release plate. The quick release plate has the ability to adjust from 0 degree to 45 degree and the cutting range is 4-1/2 inch at 90 degree and in 45 degree the cutting range is ½ inch.
It also features quick release vise that provides proper safety and faster cut off experience. However, as the name is Makita you can pick this one without second thought.
- Has the ability to cut light pipe, conduit, angle iron, tubing and many more in 4x faster way
- Has powerful motor of 15 amp
- It includes D-shape handle ensures easy gripping and comfortable use
- Comes with long lasting carbide tipped
- It is virtually burr free
- Has lock-off button that prevents accidental starting
- Make loud sound while cutting stainless steel materials
Best Metal Chop Saw Reviews: 7 Metal Chop Saw For the Money in 2017
So far, we’ve checked the most popular pieces among the best metal chop saw. If you don’t find your desired one don’t worry; there are some other best metal chop saws also available, which are a bit less expensive, but good in quality as well. Let’s check them out.
Evolution Power Tools EVOSAW380 Steel Cutting Chop Saw
>> Click to check Price on Amazon >>
1800w, 15amps motor and 2.4 horsepower made the Evolution EVOSAW380 steel cutting Chop saw incredible. It provides the performance like marvel superhero Hulk! If you wish to cut steel then this chop saw has no comparison in the market. EVOSAW380 cuts cold without any coolant while cutting steel.
It comes with 14 inch mild steel cutting and features 66 tooth carbide tipped blade. However, it has 15-inch blade capacity that provides best performance with less effort.
The Evaluation cuts steel without any hassle, sparks, heat or burrs. For cutting steel plate, square tube, angel iron, pipe, tube and metal roofing this power tool is simply the best.
- It cuts metal without producing heat, burrs or coolant
- Has powerful motor of: 1800 watts / 15-amp
- Has heavy duty cast aluminum base
- Perfect for industrial cutting as well
- Has Long blade life averages 1000 cuts in 2 in x 2 in mild steel
- Offers 1-Inch arbor
- Works perfect but throws chips a bit instead of going in catch tray
MK Morse CSM14MB 14-Inch Dry-Cut Metal Cutting Saw
Are you a professional? Do you need a Chop Saw that provides a professional performance? Look at the MK Morse CSM14MB Dry-Cut Metal Cutting Saw. It is the one you are looking eagerly. It cuts without sparks, noise, smell or heat. It features powerful 1300 RPM motor that is a beast.
The MK Morse CSM14MB Dry-Cut Metal Cutting Saw includes safety guard for work with best comfort and cuts faster than any other existing models. It can even cut through 6 inch steel within 12 seconds!
Don’t be fool to ignore this beast. Pick immediately before the stocks turn out.
- Cuts metal without producing noise, sparks, smell or heat
- Has high torque of 13RPM motor
- Perfect for cutting pipe, angle iron, metal studs, conduit and tubing applications
- Has 72-tooth carbide blade
- Even cuts 6 inches of metal within 12 second
- Has safety guard
- Features beveling vice, hex wrench of 6 and 8 millimeter and devil steel cutting blade
- A bit simpler design
Makita 2414NBX2 Abrasive Cutoff Saw
While the brand is Makita I think an explanation is useless. You already know Makita provides the best of best. And this Makita 2414NBX2 Abrasive Cutoff Saw comes with very comfortable ‘D’ shaped handle bar with powerful 7.5amps motor. It has lock- off button that stops accidental starting and also features spark diversion guard for throughout safety while working.
It features 45 degree right and left guide plate and 3 different locations for different sized materials. It also has adjustable depth stop that gives precise cutting depth and has shaft lock for simple wheel change activity.
- Has comfortable D- shape handle
- Easy gripping facility available
- Has lock-off button that prevents accidental starting
- Has adjustable 45 degree guide plate
- Offer includes abrasive wheel, socket wrench, two switch buttons and grinder.
- A bit hard to use for the first time
Bosch 3814 14-Inch Abrasive Cut-Off Machine
The Bosch 3814 Abrasive Cut-Off Machine is another good quality metal chop saw that is especially designed for heavy- duty works and it is best known for its long lasting durability.
It has very powerful motor of 15 amps that has the ability to deliver 3900rpm which is capable of cut even hardest steel helical gears. It features amazing fence that bevels from 0 to 45 degrees.
- Has powerful 15 amps motor that delivers 3,900 rpm torque
- Works fine in tough applications
- Has Locking vise with quick for faster and efficient cutting
- Includes adjustable fence that adjusts for bevel cuts ranging from 0 to 45 degrees
- Has Spindle lock for quick wheel changes facility
- Built in wheel wrench included
- Well built for long lasting durability
- A little pricy
PORTER-CABLE PCE700 15 Amp Chop Saw, 14.”
The PORTER-CABLE PCE&00 Chop Saw is waiting for you with powerful 15Amp and 3800 RPM motor. It is incredibly powerful and durable and the quick-release material clamp provides simple cutting. It also has a cutting fence that allows 45 degree cutting angle.
The PORTER-CABLE PCE&00 Chop Saw has all the safety features included for perfect and effortless working experience. It also features spindle lock for quick wheel changing activity. Let’s see the pros and cons of the PORTER.
- Has 15 Amp, 3,800 RPM motor that works like a beast
- Replaceable brushes also included
- Fast-release material clamp available
- Has perfect Cutting fence with miter adjustment
- Includes Heavy-duty steel base for stability
- Spark deflector also added with the chop saw
- Not so much operator friendly
PORTER-CABLE PC14CTSD 14-Inch Chop Saw
Meet another amazing Chop saw from the PORTER. It is well known in the Chop Saw industry for its monster like performance and beast like power! It has 15amps powerful, 3800RPM motor that is perfect for cutting cast iron pipe, angle iron, threaded rod, conduit, square tubing and many more.
However, the PORTER-CABLE PC14CTSD includes durable cutting fence and miter adjustment facilities. And nothing to say about comfort as it features with most comfortable D-shaped handle design.
- Has powerful 15amp motor
- Replaceable brushes also included
- Powerful and Durable
- Comes with Front D handle design
- Comfortable handling
- For durability of motor it has ball bearing design
- A bit noisy
Hitachi CC14SFS 14-Inch 15-Amp Portable Chop Saw with Trigger Switch 4000-RPM
Need a powerful Chop Saw yet in a very little weight? Well Hitachi CC14SFS without any doubt the best Chop saw for that case. It is powerful with 15-amp, 4000-RPM motor and has adjustable fence for easy use with 45 degree left and right cutting versatility.
Hitachi CC14SFS Chop Saw features spindle lock for easy wheel changing and using facility. However it is portable and in a very lightweight so you can use it without any hesitation.
- The Chop Saw is portable and lightweight
- Has powerful 15-amp and 4000RPM motor included
- You can carry it anywhere you wish to
- Has Trigger switch with lock-off button
- Includes adjustable spark chute for safety
- Features Quick-lock/release vise that increases efficiency
- Adjustable fence is also included
- Features Spindle lock for easy mounting and removal of the cut-off wheel
- Doesn’t have roller on the blade
What to Consider Before Buying the Best Metal Chop Saw?
To purchase the best metal chop saw, determine the main applications for which the saw will be utilized, at first. Woodworking & Metalworking require different types of metal chop saws. Other considerations are the kinds of materials & amount of utilize.
If you are buying the best metal chop saw for light work, such as hobby projects or occasional minor carpentry, a mini metal chop saw may suffice. For serious utilize, a more powerful saw is a better investment.
Metal chop saws are loud & generate debris, so safety glasses & hearing guard should be worn. If metalworking, consider wearing a dust mask & thick work gloves to protect hands from metal splinters.
What is Metal Chop Saw?
The Metal chop saw, also known as abrasive or cut-off saws, cut metals & other materials such as plastics. The saws create 90-degree & angled cuts quickly & easily. The standard blade is a composite carbide-tipped disc that grinds the material to cut cleanly & minimize debris.
Metal chop saws are created to cut through metal while reducing heat buildup, sparks, & flying splinters. Only using a metal-cutting blade on a miter saw will not give the same performance & protection. The typical metal chop saw has a spring-loaded pivot arm attached to a metal table with an angle plate & vise assembly.
The cutting disc is enclosed by a blade guard that can be raised to expose the blade. Most models have a hood or splash guard that acts as a spark deflector, necessary when cutting metal.
Blades for cutting nonferrous metals have 70 to 80 teeth per blade & less costly carbide tips. They are created to cut aluminum, brass, copper, & plastics such as PVC piping.
The blades are obtainable in 7,500-rpm versions for normal applications & in 2,500-rpm versions for a job requiring a slower blade. As with cutting steel, the slower blades are for utilizing in metal chop saws created for low-resolution cutting.
Wood Chop Saws
Wood chop saws, as well as miter saws, are fast & precise for cutting mitered angles & boards to length. Several models called compound miter saws have blades that tilt to create beveled edges. Models with sliding arms can cut larger widths of wood.
Ordinary applications for miter saws contain cutting window & door casings, molding, & framing. When choosing a metal chop saw for woodworking projects, consider the type of wood to be cut. Each type & thickness of timber has a saw blade that is best suited for it.
What to Look Out for When Choosing the Best Metal Chop Saw?
The blade is what determines the depth or height of cut. Metal chop saws typically come with 8, 10 or 12-inch blades. Click to see the range of Metal chop saw blades we stock.
There are various types of the blade for cutting different styles of material including several which are multipurpose for multi-materials. There are blades for wood, aluminum or mild steel.
The extra teeth in a blade mean you get a finer cut for finishing. A new Metal chop saw will come packaged with a middle of the range blade for wood.
As the name suggests, a Metal chop saw is a saw which cuts miters, or angled cuts. Plenty of chop saws will only meter to one side; most will meter to the left or the right making it quicker to utilize.
Cutting on a sliding action permits you to cut pieces of wood with greater widths. As to blade size, check the specs of the saws you’re looking at (see below) to see the capacities of cut they will do for you. If you determine to be cutting mainly dado, you won’t need to slide too much & the size required will be less.
However, if you learn to be cutting fence posts, you’ll need a bigger blade & larger width of cut capacity & therefore a sliding Metal chop saw is for you. Saws without a slide function are several times referred to as metal chop saws or cutoff saws.
If you saw levels, it means that it will cut an angled bevel into your wood, therefore permitting you to cut two angles at once. In other words, the saw head will tilt to the side as well as rotate on the saw table. Several saws are single bevel & several are double bevel meaning they will tilt left or right.
This means the wood doesn’t require to be turned depending on the angle you will cut. This leveling action permits complex angled cuts to be performed in tasks like crown molding or furniture making.
As with a sliding Metal chop saw, there is more potential for things to go wrong & more chance you saw will lose alignment because of the added features of leveling. It is a good idea to choose a respected brand if you are looking to buy a Metal chop saw with these features.
Many now come with lights which are handy when working in severe lighting conditions & plenty come with built in laser lines which will explain a red line across the wood where the blade will cut, making it handy for lining up with your pencil line.
Maximum saws will come with adjustable rear fences, extension arms &work piece clamps. These are perfect for supporting your wood & keeping your hands free & out of the way of the blade.
Recently, new Metal chop saws have been seen with a variable speed dial. This assists you to set the speed of the motor which best suits the substance you will be cutting.
Metal Chop Saws in Action
As quoted earlier, you’ll find different types of blades of the metal chop saw. When selecting a blade, the packaging will tell you the type of material it is for & the kind of cut you can expect. Create sure you choose the right diameter blade for your metal chop saw as well as the right bore dimension (the hole in the middle).
You may also desire to buy a stand if you plan to transport your saw onto a job site. Stands are available in a common style which is just like a folding table for your metal saw to sit on. Or, the can come in a leg stand style which is foldable style with long extensions & various features such as clamps, roller carriers, supports & adjustable legs. These are ideal for worksites where many cuts are required.
Dust Extraction & Management
If you’re in a confined area, you will almost certainly want to utilize a dust extractor or vacuum which will attach to your chop saw & reduce the sawdust in the atmosphere.
Several saws these days will do an excellent work of managing the dust without a dust extractor, but it is predictable that legislation will be that a dust extractor is mandatory on the job site soon.
Finding Metal Chop Saws on Online
To purchase metal chop saws, start from the online homepage & select the Home & Garden category. Select Tools followed by Power Tools & then Saws & Blades. Under the Saws & Blades category, click on Miter & Metal chop saws.
To refine listings for metal chop saws, type the keyword in the search box at the top of the page. For instance, to find a new metal chop saw, type “metal chop saw new” into the field. Alternatively, search for metal chop saws from any online page by searching on the keyword.