- 1 Recommended Top Ten Best Engine Stands : Our Top Picks
- 1.1 Torin T26801 Engine Stand – 1500 lbs
- 1.2 Torin T23401 Engine Stand – 750 lb
- 1.3 JEGS Performance Products 80040 Engine Stand
- 1.4 Performance Tool W41025 Engine Stand – 1,000 lb. Capacity
- 1.5 Goplus® 2000 lb Engine Stand Motor Hoist Auto Car Truck Automotive Folding Jack
- 1.6 JEGS Performance Products 80059 Rotating Engine Stand
- 1.7 Goplus® 1250 LBS Shop Engine Stand Pro Hoist Automotive Lift Rotating 2 Leg Type Motor
- 1.8 Sunex 8300GB 1/2 Ton Foldable Engine Stand
- 1.9 BETA 3014 SAR-FOLDING ENGINE STAND
- 1.10 KTI (KTI62110) Engine Stand
- 2 Complete Buying Guide
Recommended Top Ten Best Engine Stands : Our Top Picks
The task of selecting the best engine stands is not an easy task and in particular for novices with engine stands. I have used my experience that has endowed my vast knowledge of engines and engine stands. To make sure it is not my sole point of view which could be misleading I have done research and involved a couple of experts.
Torin T26801 Engine Stand – 1500 lbs
As you can see the Torin T26801 Engine Stand – 1500 lbs have a weight limit of 1500 pounds. That means it can hold large engine blocks. The four wheel design ensures maximum stability. The four arms are adjustable to fit different size engine blocks.
The front wheels swivel giving for easy movement around the workplace. You do not have to unbolt the assembly for storage. It uses a foldable design hence takes up little space.
- Foldable design
- Front swivel wheels
- Four-wheel design gives stability
- Maximum capacity of 1500 lbs
- Four adjustable arms
- The bolts are not quite as strong (consider replacing those to secure your engine block securely)
Torin T23401 Engine Stand – 750 lb
I will be quite frank with you. The Torin T23401 Engine Stand – 750 lb is quite an incredible engine when you strictly keep off the heavy duty applications. It makes for a durable stand on small blocks. The frame is of durable heavy gauge steel.
The four adjustable arms also allow for 360 degrees rotation. The assembly is easy thanks to the instructions manual and accompanying photos.
- Easy to assemble
- Durable heavy gauge steel
- Factory tested for reliability
- Allow for 360 degrees rotation
- Compact design
- The three wheels design does not give the best of stability
JEGS Performance Products 80040 Engine Stand
JEGS Performance Products 80040 Engine Stand is from the manufacturer JEGS. JEGS have such a good reputation when it comes to anything to do with car parts. It has a maximum capacity of 1000 pounds. The simple to assemble design utilizes four wheels that give for optimal stability.
Taking the assembly apart for movement or storage requires the removal of just a single bolt. The casters have ball bearings that allow for easy movement.
- Ball bearings casters allow for easy movement
- Heavy gauge steel tube frame
- Adjustable mounting head
- Disassembles easily
- 1000 pounds capacity
- Locking pin feels loose and needs some improvisation
Performance Tool W41025 Engine Stand – 1,000 lb. Capacity
Performance Tool W41025 Engine Stand is no doubt a heavy duty engine stand. It has a tubular heavy-gauge steel design. The swivels are heavy duty and complement the suitability of the steel construction to handle heavy blocks.
The head that rotates for 360 degrees locks in six positions giving you a lot of versatility. The stable design leaves zero chances for the stand to tip and damages the engine.
- Heavy duty swivels
- Six lock positions
- Heavy duty steel construction
- Includes chains of appropriate length
- Holds a range of engine blocks
- Made in China for USA products enthusiasts (not much of a big deal)
Goplus® 2000 lb Engine Stand Motor Hoist Auto Car Truck Automotive Folding Jack
Goplus® 2000 lb Engine Stand Motor Hoist Auto Car Truck Automotive Folding Jack is at the top of the heavy duty engine stands table. It has a maximum whopping capacity of 2000lbs. It has a five casters design with the usual four casters design that are fixed and one swivel.
The engine stand has a360 degrees rotating head that facilitates access to all engine parts. A heavy duty construction and a reinforced steel neck ensure that it does not give in to the weight of a 2000 pounds engine block. It folds and stands quickly for easy storage and usability.
- Foldable design
- Maximum 2000 pounds capacity
- Excellent casters design
- Wide base that prevents tipping
- Sturdy reinforced steel neck
- Requires replacing bolts on the head plate with stronger ones to get optimal usability
JEGS Performance Products 80059 Rotating Engine Stand
Using the JEGS Performance Products, 80059 Rotating Engine Stand you can rotate the engine fully or at any angle that you wish using a crank. The crankshaft makes the rotating demand minimal effort, and the moment you stop cranking the engine stand locks.
The design is collapsible and allows for easy storage while ensuring a small space print. The head adjusts to fit engines of different dimensions. The JEGS 80059 Rotating Engine Stand uses a solid construction and holds to what it is advertised for.
- Adjustable head
- Simple rotation using a crank
- Automatically locks once you stop cranking
- Easy to assemble
- Foldable (allows for easy storage)
- The packaging might miss the instructions manual (the assembly is more of intuitive)
Goplus® 1250 LBS Shop Engine Stand Pro Hoist Automotive Lift Rotating 2 Leg Type Motor
Goplus® 1250 LBS Shop Engine Stand has a maximum weight capacity. I do not expect anyone to put more than 1250 lbs on this engine stand and return with a positive review. The four swivel wheels allow for easy.
Goplus is an entry brand for the engine stands, but this best engine stand review would not be complete without this stand. Flexibility is the number one goal. The faceplate has four adjustable arms and universal mounting brackets that accommodate all type of engines.
- Universal mounting brackets
- Four swivel wheels
- Adjustable arms
- 360 degrees rotating head
- 1250 lbs maximum capacity
- Needs some modifying through welding to add on strength The manufacturer needs to check on this)
Sunex 8300GB 1/2 Ton Foldable Engine Stand
Sunex 8300GB 1/2 Ton Foldable Engine Stand has the wow factor in it. I have to say the engineering is incredible. An engine stand is all about the mechanics, and I will have to admit Sunex have done such an incredible job. Apart from the foldable design which is pretty cool, there are a ton of other awesome features.
The cranking system allows for the easiest of operation. It has a 63:1 gear drive worm ratio. The cranking is even better as it has an auto lock feature. The engine automatically locks to the position that you desire once you stop cranking. The swivel caster features ball bearings that allow for easy and smooth movement of the engine stand and a safety lock feature that stops the engine stand from moving when you do not want it to.
- Ball bearings on the caster give for smooth movement
- Safety lock feature on the casters
- Foldable design for easy storage
- Engine automatically locks to the position you want
- Easy to operate crank mechanism
- Premium ( But, you pay for a quality engine stand)
BETA 3014 SAR-FOLDING ENGINE STAND
Seemingly we are going to end this review of the best engine stands on a high note. Imagine paying in the ups of $1000 for an engine stand? The first thought could be that is too much money! You are wrong and right all at the same time. For starters, you get what you pay for from the BETA 3014 SAR-FOLDING ENGINE STAND.
This is a product that will give you many years of reliable service. At some point in time you will be looking around and when counting the oldest tools around the BETA 3014 SAR-FOLDING ENGINE STAND will be one of them. It utilizes a low profile frame that makes it extra stable. It has a weight capacity of 450 kg and uses a gear mechanism to rotate the engine. It folds and stands easily ready for use.
- Low, stable profile
- Sturdy, durable frame
- Uses a gear mechanism to rotate the engine
- 360 degrees rotation
- Easy storage (foldable design)
- An expensive engine stand
KTI (KTI62110) Engine Stand
KTI (KTI62110) Engine Stand is a product that meets ASME safety standards. As long as you use it at the limit weight capacity of 1000 pounds, you will get absolutely no problems. It is one among the several best engine stands in this review that are foldable. It uses a four-wheel design that has locking caster wheels to prevent a potentially hazardous movement with the engine on the stand.
The arms on the head that resembles fingers are adjustable. It is easy and convenient to rotate the finger using a worm wheel drive to get the best positioning of the engine. It weighs 96 lbs and of steel construction. It is evident that it is a sturdy, durable construction.
- Two years warranty
- Worm wheel head drive
- Locking caster wheels
- Durable steel construction
- Maximum 1000 lbs capacity
- Foldable design
- A higher capacity would not have been a bad thing
Complete Buying Guide
Choosing the best engine stand requires a careful step by step evaluation of the various factors that make for the best engine stand. I had to consult with experts and men on the job site to compile these factors.
I put the warranty as the first of these factors because a warranty is equivalent to the safety pin on a gun. I do not know of a better way to make a risk free purchase even with all the promises that a manufacturer may line up for you. It takes a manufacturer who believes in their products to give a warranty. The fact that I did not mention it in a review does not mean the product has none, consult with the dealer before making the purchase.
The frame determines the durability of an engine stand. From above you can see that all the products have a heavy duty frame which is extra durable. Most people make one mistake, using the stands beyond the weight limit. Do not say that I did not tell you. Once you choose to exceed the maximum capacity, you will only have yourself to blame.
The design makes for many things. It makes for stability, and ease of use. Some engine stands require for fully manual rotation of the engine which can be tedious. Some engine stand designs make the rotating work easier by using a gear mechanism.
For stability, the wheel design determines how stable the stand will be. A four wheel design make for the most stable stands that do not require extra caution to move. Also, casters that lock make for a safety measure.
You May Also Like to Read Our Editor’s Tools Guide:
- Best Cordless Ratchet
- Best Cordless Screwdriver
- Best Torque Wrench
- Best Impact Wrench
- Best Angle Grinders
- Best Wet Saw
- Best Bench Vise