- 1 Best Digital Caliper: Reviews
- 1.1 Digital Caliper, Water Resistant, Fractions, 6″/150mm
- 1.2 GlowGeek Electronic Digital Caliper
- 1.3 iGaging IP54 Electronic Digital Caliper
- 1.4 Mitutoyo 500-196-30 Advanced Onsite Sensor (AOS)
- 1.5 Digital Caliper – 6″ Electronic Caliper by Calipro
- 1.6 Hornady Digital Caliper
- 1.7 SE 784EC Digital Caliper in both SAE & Metric
- 1.8 MLTOOLS Stainless Steel Digital Caliper Metric
- 2 Things to Consider Before Buying A Digital Calipers
- 3 Infographic: How to Use Electronic Digital Caliper
Best Digital Caliper: Reviews
After hours of research, testing and analysis our tools experts make panoply of 8 best digital calipers of 2017. Those calipers offer ultimate accuracy and greatest durability. Let’s check out the reviews at first.
Digital Caliper, Water Resistant, Fractions, 6″/150mm
With Hardened Stainless Steel materials easy operation, this Caliper is one of the best digital calipers at present. It is water resistant and the LCD screen is large enough to read easily. It has position lock feature included for duplicate measurement.
Therefore, it also feature automatic on and off system and it can measure inside and outside dimensions as well. The price is not prohibitive as well.
- Durable with Hardened stainless steel materials
- Easy to read LCD screen
- Water resistant
- Accurate measurement
- Position lock included
- One touch switch
- Easy to use caliper
- The screw that holds the battery door on is not long enough
GlowGeek Electronic Digital Caliper
Surely this GlowGeek Electric Digital Caliper will shift your measuring experience into next level. It is solidly made with durable stainless steel material.
The LCD screen is large enough and easy to read as well. Therefore, it features auto shut off and on feature. The result it provides is completely accurate.
- Comes with depth measurement blade
- Features precise internal and external measuring jaws
- Easy to read LCD screen
- Offers ultimate measuring accuracy
- Accurate sliding options
- Best for the money
- Movement dials freeze sometimes
iGaging IP54 Electronic Digital Caliper
iGaging IP54 Electronic Digital Caliper is another finest addition in our best digital calipers list. It is extremely well made and comes with stainless steel body.
It offers greatest accuracy you ever imagined. Therefore, the price is not prohibitive as well. It has large display that is easy to read. It is also splash water, oil and dust resistant calipers.
- Large display
- Easy to read the result
- Splash water, oil and dust resistant feature included
- Durable stainless steel body
- Offers ultimate accuracy
- Battery compartment is a bit hard to open
Mitutoyo 500-196-30 Advanced Onsite Sensor (AOS)
The Mitutoyo 500-196-30 Digital Caliper is what you are looking for. It has a measuring range of about 150mm. the LCD display is large and readable.
It is extremely well made and long lasting digital caliper. Therefore, it also has onsite sensor that makes it oil, water and dirt resistance. However, it is able to measure inside, outside, dept and step values as well.
- Measures 0 to 6inch
- Digital readout LCD
- Shows inch or metric result
- Advanced onsite sensor included
- Dirt, oil, and water resistant
- Capable of measure inside, outside, depth, and step value
- Simple to set the zero
- A bit pricy. But the quality is incredible so it’s obvious!
Digital Caliper – 6″ Electronic Caliper by Calipro
Need accuracy and durability both together? Well, consider the best digital caliper in the market namely Electric Clipper by Calipro. Calipro is well known brand in this industry. They offer products at stunning quality yet in a suitable price range.
This caliper is one of their smartest productions. It is well made. It offers extreme accuracy and the LCD screen is good indeed.
- Easy to operate
- One button to switch between inches to mm
- Hardened stainless steel shaft
- Depth-measurement probe
- Precision ground jaws
- Large LCD display
- Easy to take readings
- Take measurements from 0 to 6-inches
- Comes with linear capacitive measuring system
- The sliding action and roller is a little stiff
Hornady Digital Caliper
The Hornady Digital Caliper is the best digital calipers at present for the price. It is made with finest materials. That’s why it is long lasting.
It provides ultimate accuracy you always wanted. Therefore, it can measure inside and outside diameters perfectly. And the price? well the price is very reasonable.
- Able to measure case and bullet length
- Can measure inside and outside diameters
- Best for the value
- Easy to use
- Very accurate
- Decent and readable display
- The darn battery cover is on the side so, when you pull it open you can take the battery cover off inadvertently that seems irritating for some customers
SE 784EC Digital Caliper in both SAE & Metric
The SE 784EC Digital Caliper is another high quality measuring device that ensures accuracy in every attempt. You can easily set zero whenever you wants.
Therefore, it comes with on and off system that is automatic. The price of this product is decent as well.
- Large and readable display
- Can measure inside, outside, depth and step
- Well made and long lasting
- Easy to set zero
- Take measurement of about 0 to 150mm
- Debris gets in the sensor very easily
MLTOOLS Stainless Steel Digital Caliper Metric
This is the last addition in our best digital calipers reviews. It is the synonym of perfection. This one is tremendous for measuring anything.
The MLTOOLS Stainless Steel Digital Caliper is well made and long lasting. Therefore, it provides the most accurate result every time. The price is not prohibitive as well. Consequently, it is very stylish as well.
- Can measure inside, outside, depth and step
- Easy to operate,
- One button to switch between inches to mm or Fractions
- Measures up to 6 inch
- Large high resolution LCD display that is readable
- Automatic shut-off
- Comes with a storage case for easy transport
- A bit heavy
That’s all for the reviews. Hope you can now wisely pick one for your particular task. However, there is a buying guide below. Don’t forget to read that part.
Things to Consider Before Buying A Digital Calipers
Calipers are one of the most needed instruments in our everyday life. It is an essential tool for professionals like contractors, mechanics, and engineers as well. Even for home use the importance of calipers is beyond description. Digital Calipers added more accuracy and ease in measuring task. But for picking the right one you have to study a lot.
Besides, there are lots of brands offering digital calipers in different price range. From those humungous options picking the right one is severe job. You should learn the basic factors about digital calipers and some essential things before making a deal.
That’s the reason; I am adding a buying guide in here. After reading the guide you will be able to judge which one is good and which one is worst. Let’s read the things and pick the best digital calipers from the market.
You will see some types of digital calipers for different purposes. Such as: Vernier Calipers, Dial Calipers, Jenny Calipers, Spring Joint Calipers, Micrometers and Digital Calipers. Among them digital calipers are the most accurate and they are time saver as well.
There is a built in internal microprocessor in every digital calipers that measure the distance and show the display in LCD screen. Those are time saver as well. That’s why it is recommended by lots of tools expert to use a digital calipers for utmost accuracy.
Look For the Construction
Different brands offer different types of digital calipers. While purchasing look closely the weight, dimensions and sturdiness of the caliper you are considering using. Therefore, most of the calipers in our list are made from high quality stainless steel. Those are durably and water, dirt and oil resistant. You can consider one from our list.
And then consider the battery life. Most of the latest digital calipers at present come with auto shut of system. It is pretty helpful and prevents battery wastage. If battery is really an issue, my recommendation is to consider this feature.
Nobody wants any hassle while using a tool. Yes that’s true indeed. Look for the functions. If you feel those are hard to operate and complicated then overlook and go for another one. Look for a digital caliper that has smooth jaw movement, readable display and sensitive thumb wheel.
The price of digital calipers varies from brand to brand. Price of this tool is not much though. But for better accuracy and utmost performance you have to spend a bit more money. Remember, if you invest today it will save your money on the future,
Infographic: How to Use Electronic Digital Caliper