- 1 Best Angle Grinders in 2017 : Our Top Picks
- 1.1 VonHaus 6 Amp 4-1/2 inch Angle Grinder
- 1.2 Black & Decker BDEG400 6-Amp Angle Grinder
- 1.3 PORTER-CABLE PC60TAG 6.0-Amp 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
- 1.4 DEWALT DWE402 4-1/2-Inch 11-Amp Paddle Switch Angle Grinder
- 1.5 Makita 9557PBX1 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
- 1.6 Hitachi G12SR4 6.2-Amp 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
- 1.7 DEWALT DWE4011 Small Angle Grinder
- 1.8 SKIL 9296-01 7.5-Amp 4-1/2-Inch Paddle Switch Angle Grinder
- 1.9 Bosch 1375A 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
- 1.10 WEN 944 7-Amp Angle Grinder
- 1.11 Things To Consider When Buying The Best Angle Grinders
- 1.12 Safety
- 1.13 Make And Model
- 1.14 Specifications And Disk Sizes
- 1.15 Specific Applications
- 1.16 Conclusion
- 1.17 You May Also Like to Read Our Editor’s Tools Guide:
- 1.18 Share this:
- 1.19 Related
Best Angle Grinders in 2017 : Our Top Picks
Our study about Angel Grinders shows that those 10 products are unbeatable now with their exceptional performance. No other Angle Grinders has the capability to defeat them. Their amazing materials and performance made them supreme.
Let’s see the characteristics of these 10 best Angle Grinders. Hope you will find your preferred one.
VonHaus 6 Amp 4-1/2 inch Angle Grinder
Complete with one multipurpose disk, this is one of the best angle grinders, with a hard casing and is compatible with any 4 ½ inch disk in the market for a replacement. It has unbeatable versatility and performs a variety of functions, for example, removing rust, grinding, cutting through metal, etc.
It has a 6A motor that is simple yet powerful and easily controlled and can tackle detailed jobs and confined jobs with great ease.
It has an adjustable side handle that can be attached to either side of the main handle to make sure the most complex jobs are undertaken with ease, adding to its mobility.
- Light to handle
- Powerful yet simple
- Easy to use
- Replacement disks are easy to find
- Adjustable side handle
- Power switch is difficult to turn on and may break if forced on
Black & Decker BDEG400 6-Amp Angle Grinder
The Black & Decker BDEG400 6-Amp Angle Grinder is a tool for every home and shop. It has a metal housing for durability and longevity and to also protect the tool itself from wear. It is ideal for cutting, sharpening, grinding, surface preparation and removing rust.
The side handle is designed to be used in 3 positions, providing control in the most intricate places and comfort as you use the grinder.
It has a spindle lock, which keeps the spindle from turning when the disc needs to be changed. It makes it easy to change accessories, and it is also used as a safety measure that ensures the machine doesn’t inflict any injuries to the user.
- 3-position handle provides control and comfort
- Metal housing for durability and longevity
- Spindle lock for safety and easy accessory installation
- Small and versatile
- On/off switch is hard to turn on/off
PORTER-CABLE PC60TAG 6.0-Amp 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
According to sales reviews, this is the best angle grinder for cutting metal, with a 6-amp motor that handles the most difficult jobs with ease. Rotations per minute are 11,000, removing material with incredible speed each time. This is dependable and undeniable power and speed.
It guarantees your safety with a spindle lock and changing or removing any accessory cannot end in injuries of any kind. It also has a metal gear case for durability.
It is a durable, heavy duty tool, which handles all jobs of sharpening, cutting and smoothening with ease and most importantly, with precision to deliver the best results. It has all the right specifications, and a 3 position side handle.
- 3 position side handle
- Durable metal casing
- Good, dependable power and speed
- Has a spindle lock for safe changing of accessories
- Needs an additional guard
DEWALT DWE402 4-1/2-Inch 11-Amp Paddle Switch Angle Grinder
It has a dust ejection system that keeps your workplace clean and also ensures the long life of the grinder. This feature makes it the best angle grinder for woodworking. It ejects all material away from the tool, and Internal mechanisms stay clean and not interfered with or clogged.
The motor is a powerful 11-amps and turns the wheel at 11,000 rotations per minute. This strikes the perfect balance of power, weight, speed and size of the machine. It is not small or weak enough to be inadequate and not too big to make it hard for precise jobs.
It is a safe tool. It has a paddle switch that prevents accidental powering on. It also has a spindle lock for when you need to change the spindle.
- Dust ejection system
- Paddle switch and a spindle lock ensure safety
- Oversized brushes ensure longevity
- Switch is cumbersome
Makita 9557PBX1 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
Shops and houses that use it rate is at the best angle grinder for wielding. It has a 7.5-amp motor that creates a speed of 10,000 rpm (revolutions per minute), making it reliable, powerful and efficient with high output.
Increased safety of the device with a large paddle switch to prevent accidental powering on that will pose a threat to the user. It features a spindle lock for easy wheel changes.
It is compact and weighs about 4.5 pounds, with a barrel grip with a small diameter that makes it a comfortable, convenient, handheld device.
- Powerful and efficient with high output
- Comfortable to use
- Extra-large paddle switch
- Comes with a side handle, wrench, grinding wheel, flange and a wheel guard.
- Small diameter grip enhances comfort
- Motor and bearings are protected from debris and dust by labyrinth construction
- Heavy and may cause arm fatigue
- Heats up and needs constant cooling
Hitachi G12SR4 6.2-Amp 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
This angle grinder is best for home improvement since according to Amazon reviews, it is undoubtedly the best angle grinder for cutting tiles. It has 5 abrasive wheels created for cutting marble, slate, porcelains, brick, resins and rebar. It can also be used to sharpen blades and grind welded sections and finish various types of aluminum, bronze or steel.
It is lightweight and operated by a 6 amp motor that has an output of 400 watts, making it low to medium duty, and that is why it is best for homes.
Comfy to use for long periods of time because the grip perimeter is only 7-8 inches.
- Comfortable and lightweight
- Has a spindle lock
- Has grinder wheels for steel applications
- Carbon brushes are accessible and replaceable for maintenance
- Handle is still fat to some people
- Seems heavy at first although easy to handle
DEWALT DWE4011 Small Angle Grinder
In the world of grinders, DEWALT is a giant and stands out as the best angle grinder brand. Therefore you can be assured that is a great product as it comes with a 7amp motor with 12000 rpm, enhancing faster removal of materials and higher overload protection.
It also spots a low profile jam-pot gear case that makes it durable and ensures longevity, and also allows it to fit in small spaces.
It’s heavy duty with an output of 850 watts. It the One-Touch Guard feature that helps adjust the position of the guard by just turning it around, absolutely tool free
- Two position side handle for control and comfort
- Slim ergonomic design improves comfort
- One-Touch Guard to adjust guard location tool free
- Spindle thread is compatible with a wide variety of41/2 inch accessories making replacement easy
- On/off switch is too close to the grinding wheel
- Heats up quickly and requires gloves
SKIL 9296-01 7.5-Amp 4-1/2-Inch Paddle Switch Angle Grinder
It is a heavy duty tool, with power for tough jobs. It has a powerful 7.5 amp monitor and is one of the best budget angle grinders for both professionals and do-it-yourselfers, with good features.
It has an all-metal gear housing and is surprisingly lightweight, weighing only 5 lbs. The metal ensures durability, ruggedness, and longevity of the tool since it doesn’t damage easily.
It has a vibration reducing feature on the handle that is unique and convenient and minimizes user fatigue. Adjusting the guard is also tool-less and increases versatility.
- Handles tough jobs
- Guard adjustment is tool-less
- Heavy duty metal housing for durability
- Vibration reducing handle minimizes fatigue
- Paddle switch with no lock on adds safety
Bosch 1375A 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
It is a compact grinder, made for vehicle fabricators, concrete contractors and other professionals who need a compact grinder. It is well designed for metal fabrication, pipe fitting, concrete restoration, etc.
It features a 6amp powerful motor with 11000 rpm and is a powerhouse tool. It has a well-designed grip, with a two-position side handle
Also, has a lock-on slide switch and is light, weighing only 3.5 lbs to add user comfort.
- Service Minder brush system stops tool when you need to do some maintenance
- Compact and lightweight
- Field windings coated with Epoxy to protect against abrasive dust
- A little weak compared to other grinders with the same specs
WEN 944 7-Amp Angle Grinder
Has a lightweight design and the grip surface is rubber to offer a firm grip and fatigue-free experience.
Has a powerful 7amp motor, generating up to 11,000 rpm to cut through the hardest metals, chains, rust, pipes and et cetera
It has a unique reversible handle that attached to the left or right, depending on user preference
- Comfortable and powerful
- Lightweight design
- Lock on switch ensures smooth running of the machine without the tiresome task of holding the trigger down
- WEN products are not popular, so reviews aren’t many to help you get testimonials from people who have used the products
Things To Consider When Buying The Best Angle Grinders
You have to consider the safety of your grinder. It special control features such as an adjustable guard or a system of removal of dangerous by-products.
Some grinders have specs like dust ejection, high overload protection, paddle switches, spindle locks and other safety related specifications that keep your grinder safe in the sense that they protect it by making it last longer, and keep you safe, in the sense that it doesn’t expose you to potential injuries.
Precaution has to be taken regardless since the safeness of the power tool regarding specs can only do so much in keeping you safe. Wear protective gear for example helmets, gloves, and goggles. Also, consider having one with a ‘dead man switch’ to be pressed when the machine poses a danger to you or itself.
Make And Model
There are trustworthy brands in the market from good companies that make the best angle grinders, and I have mentioned just some of them in my review. Certain models make equipment for certain demands, and some company names just assure you that the product is of excellent quality and performance.
However, it is not always a guarantee that the best companies necessarily make the best products. So consider being open minded to new names and models while searching the market for a new angle grinder.
Specifications And Disk Sizes
To pit a tool’s performance against others, you have to compare the specs and know what they bring to the table. Look at the specifications in all aspects, for example, the power of the motor and disk size just to mention a few. Make your decisions based on your needs and what kind of work you need your grinder to do.
Consider a grinder that is in accordance to your needs. For example one with an abrasive disk is best for polishing while one with a less abrasive disk is better for cutting. Also, thinner is for cut off and these are things you look at and consider what you need your grinder to do for you.
They have different wattages, and if you are individually after a grinder that saves you electricity, this is a factor to consider. In summary, look at your needs and look at the specs of specific angle grinders and buy one that will serve you best.
You May Also Like to Read Our Editor’s Tools Guide:
- Best Scroll Saw
- Best Cordless Hammer Drill
- Best Metal Chop Saw
- Best Impact Wrench
- Best Rotary Hammer Drill
- Best Bench Vise